Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My last day of college



My team






Today we went curling at Goteborg’s Curling Klubb; our instructor was on the Austrian Olympic curling team and is currently trying to make it on the Swedish Olympic team. Going into today I had a little bit of confidence because I did curling in gym class in high school. I was a bit rusty when it came to throwing the rock…I have a bruise on my knee to show for it. I should also just throw in the fact that Megan, Paddy, Alex, and I were preparing for curling last night by watching YouTube videos on how-to curl and learning some of their lingo…none of which came in handy! I had a lot of fun at curling once I got the hang of it. My team (Tyler, Quinn, Sam, and I) lost against another team 1-4, but it was a good game.

Afterwards, we all went to the mall to get in some last minute shopping and lunch. We caved in and went to Pizza Hut because it was inexpensive and quick. Later on we went to group dinner at Heaven 23 in the Svenska Massan building (it’s in two tall towers and the restaurant is on the 23rd/top floor). The views of the city were unbelievably beautiful!

King's sandwich



The city was lit up with lots of lights and the restaurant was one of the finest dining places I’ve ever been to. It was very modern and reminded me of something the company we visited yesterday, Stylit Trampoli, would design. I had the king sandwich which had shrimp on it.

Afterwards, we all went to the Radisson so Alex could play the piano. There was a larger crowd than last night in a dining/bar type area. Everyone enjoyed the beautiful music he played even the receptionists loved it! Then, we all went back to the hostel so we could blog and get some sleep because tomorrow we leave to go home bright and early. I’m secretly hoping the flight gets cancelled or delayed due to the cold weather and snow back in Chicago so that the trip doesn’t end. I’m going to miss the group of people on the trip and all the fun we had together! This was definitely the best way I can imagine to end college…today/tomorrow will be my last day and I’m not sure if it’s sunk in yet that I’m done, but I couldn’t have asked for a better way to end.












No comments:

Post a Comment