Friday, January 31, 2014

Home sweet home

Today we flew home to Chicago and it was one of the saddest parts of the trip. I didn't want the laughter and good times to end. This was by far the best trip I've ever taken and will be very hard to top. I've never laughed so much in my life! The friends I've made on this trip will be lifelong friends. When we were in the airport waiting for the flight, we all noticed Joe was wearing khakis and a red sweater, so we joked that he worked at Target--it was pretty funny. Then, we heard a guy sit in a red chair/booth and blast music so we decided to join in and have one last dance party in the airport.
When we got on the plane from Copenhagen to Chicago the flight was basically empty so everyone got their own row (three or four seats). It was really nice that I was able to sleep on the flight then, until we hit turbulence going over Greenland. That was the scariest turbulence I've ever experienced on a flight! But we got through it and I was able to fall right back asleep...I think I slept for six out of the eight hours we flew. Then, when we got back to campus Megan, Paddy, Tyler, Alex, and I went to the student union to grab dinner with all of our luggage still in hand...people were looking at us like we were a little crazy. After, Megan, Paddy, Tyler, and I all went over to Paddy's room to hangout because we were having separation anxiety and didn't want to be apart. We started watching Wedding Crashers, but all fell asleep within the first five minutes--guess we were all pretty tired!

The next morning Tyler, Megan, and I went for Einsteins and Starbucks. We had to have fika (coffee break) and more shopping! Then it was time for our sad goodbyes...I will miss the friends I made on this trip and hope we can all stay connected.

A random fact I forgot to mention in previous posts is that one of the strangest things about Sweden is that you have to pay to use the restroom at McDonald's and Burger King and places like that...crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment